Yup -operations on a Zen site. Welcome to the 21st century. Our leadership is entirely volunteer, and its also democratic in that the members of our group control the direction our practice goes. After people are sitting with us a year or so, they are encouraged to take a volunteer position that appeals and fits. Here are the groups:
- Maintaining and updating our web presence
- Making it easier for people looking for a group to find us
- Deciding the format and content of our weekly sits. Identify speakers that the group wants to hear.
- Determine special events like full day sits, retreats etc
- Working with members of the group to address needs or concerns in their practice
- Identifying ways people can shape their practice to meet their interests
- Making SF a better place
- Giving the group the opportunity to participate in improving someone else's life directly
This is an experiment, though consistent of our ethos - everything belongs within the consideration of our practice. In that spirit, below are our operational expenses and where your generous donations go:
Rent to Potrero Hill Neighborhood House
Domain name registration
$1370 /year, $114/month
All donations collected on nights where a teacher has come to speak go directly to the teacher. Any donations given in excess of our operational costs go to a scholarship fund, used to offset tuition of retreats and such. That's it and that's all.